Why give through SECC?
It’s Your Campaign
- This campaign exists FOR YOU and all state employees. Providing an opportunity to support charities and causes you care about.
- There are 822 charities eligible for contributions through the SECC this year.
- The SECC makes it EASY to give with confidence because the eligible charities are reviewed annually by the State Advisory Committee.
- You can search charities by keyword online and read more about their programs at the NC SECC website.
- Pledge now and pay next year– Payroll deductions makes it easier to afford a more generous gift, allowing you to make smaller payments from each paycheck.
Quality & Choice
- Charities serving NC must apply annually to ensure they meet stringent requirements before they are deemed eligible for donations.
- SECC regulations require that less than 25% of a charity’s overall revenue can be applied to fundraising and administrative costs.
- NO STATE MONIES are used to administer the campaign.
- No more than 10% of the prior year’s campaign total may be used to support the campaign expenses.
- Charities devote minimal resources to apply for eligibility.
- Designated charities receive one check quarterly for multiple donations.
- Charities that receive SECC donations may devote their SECC funds to areas where they are needed most. That’s a value-add for the donor AND the charity.